Komatsugawa Senbon Sakura looks A Pale Pink Forest
It is a exciting parqadise colored with cherry blossoms! Komatsugawa Senbon
Sakura on the west bank of Arakawa River is one of the most popular spots
for viewing cherry blossoms in Edogawaku
. It is very near Higashi Ojima Station so visitors could get to easily.
Komatsugawa Senbon Sakura has over 1000 cherry trees planted on the bank
of the river about 2 kilometers. Along the lined cherry trees, Higashi
Ojima Komatsugawa Park with many cherry trees next to it, the visitors
could enjoy seeing cherry blossoms in both parks simultaneously. Moreover,
Komatsugawa Senbon Sakura is unique since it looks like a sakura forest.
Many cherry trees are filled in the west bank. It looks like a pale pink
cloud covered with the bank of Arakawa under the blue sky. The views of
full blooming cherry blossoms in Komatsugawa Senbon Sakura are beyond description.
If you would like to be satisfied seeing cherry blossoms, Komatsugawa Senbon
Sakura is one of the best. Why don't you visit the bank in spring?
Komatsugawa Senbon Sakura
Komatsugawa Senbon Sakura looks like a forest by thousands of cherry blossoms
along Arakawa River.
Komatsugawa Senbon Sakura (thousands of cherry trees in Komatsugawa)
- Komatsugawa Senbon Sakura has great accessibilities from both Narita and Haneda International Airport.
- From Narita International Airport, take Sobu Express Line bound to Tokyo or Yokosuka and get off at Funabashi Sta, then transfer the line to Sobu line bound to Nakano or Mitaka ang get off at Motoyawata Sta. Or take Keisei-line bound to Ueno and get off Keisei Yawata Sta. Both from Motoyawata Sta and Keisei Yawata Sta, transfer the line to Toei Shinjuku line and get off at Higashi Ojima Sta.
- From Haneda International Airport, take Keikyu-line bound to Narita, and get off Shinagawa Sta and transfer the line to Sobu Express line bound to Narita International Airport or Chiba, and transfer the line at Ichikawa Sta to Sob line bound to Nishi Funabashi, Tsudanuma or Chiba and get off at Motoyawata Sta. Or take Keikyu-line bound to Narita, and get off Keisei Yawata Sta. Both from Motoyawata Sta and Keisei Yawata Sta, transfer the line to Toei Shinjuku line and get off at Higashi Ojima Sta.
- From Iwamotocho Station at Akihabara, take Toei Shijuku line bound to Motoyawata and get off Higashi Ojima Sta.
- Take 5 minute walk from Higashima Ojima Sta.
- near Higashi Ojima Station along Arakawa River.
The Noted Spots along Moto Sakura Micho Road
Some landmarks tell the history and culture of Funabashi City.
It is famous for the smallest shrine that dedicates Ieyasu Tokugawa in
Ebigawa and the Senbon Sakura
Ebigawa is a popular spot for viewing cherry blossoms.
This small shrine was built where Yamato Takeru had landed on.
They look like the urban oasisi near the railway stations.
They were popular noted spots in Edo period.
Yakushi Nyorai dedicated in it has been believed to be highly responsive
The temple and the pond related to the Founder Nichiren.
Visitors could enjoy seeing some important cultural properties.
Temples, shrines and a museum are near Hokekyoji Temple.
This small shrine is related to the battles of Konodai in Sengoku Period.
They have their long history and the legend of Oguri Hangan.
The Mama-gawa River is the very famous spot to enjoy seeing the blooming Cherry Blossoms.
Nikke Colton Plaza and some landmarks around are attractive and exciting to walk on.
This area is very exciting as there are shops, restaurants and historical
and cultural landmarks.
Having long history and the national natural treasure Senbon Icho Tree stands in.
Having some legends in this tiny thicket, many writers introduced it in their masterpieces..
There some shrines related to Kafu Nagai in these areas.
It commands a panoramic view of Mt.Fuji behind Tokyo.
Tekona and Mama has read in many tanka poems, it is good place to find Japanese classics.
The areas along the river have many noted spots that people could enjoy history and culture.
The river flowing from north to south in the center of Edogawaku is an
enjoyable course to walk.
It looks like a shrine in a deep forest since many over 20 meter tall
trees stand in it.
It is like an oasis in urban areas, colored leaves wait for visitors.
They are related to Dokan Ota and Yoshimune Tokugawa.
A Walk Along Nakagawa and Arakawa River
They run in between Edogawaku and Kotoku.
Komatsugawa Senbon Sakura
It looks a forest with cherry blossoms, or like a pale pink cloud on the bank.
The ferry was the starting point of Moto Sakura Michi Road.