Kasuga Jinja Shrine in Soya with A Sakura Forest
Kasuga Jinja is a small shrine in Soya Ichikawashi
. In spring, the views in the small shrine could be changed. The grove
of it could be changed the woods of sakuras
, so there are many cherry trees in this small site, the density of pale
pink blossoms is very deep. Seeing from a block further, it looks like
a pale pink cloud and it looks that a huge pale pink cauliflower stands
in a residential area, so the grove is covered with the pale pink roof.
Ame no Koyane no Mikoto is dedicated as the guardian deity. According to
the website of Ichikawa City, the shrine was rebuilt in 1671 and it was
appeared on a land survey edited in Genroku Era (1688 - 1703), therefore,
it must be an old shrine built over 400 years ago. The areas of Soya had
been owned by Soya Family, a reletive of Chiba Clan
who had strong power to control Shimousa Province
(the northern part of Chiba prefecture
) from Kamakura
to Muromachi period
, there would be something to be related to the family. Why don't you enjoy viewing cherry blossoms in this old small shrine in a day in spring?
Cherry Blossoms in Kasuga Jinja Shrine in Soya Ichikawashi
Kasuga Jinja in Soya Ichikawashi
- Kasuga Jinja Shrine has great accessibilities from both Narita and Haneda
- From Narita International Airport, take Keisei-line and get off Keisei Yawata Sta. Take Narita Sky Access-line and get off Higashi Matsudo Sta. And also take JR Sobu-express line, transfer the line at Funabashi Sta to Sobu Local line, get off JR Motoyawata Sta. Take minimally 34 minutes from Narita Airport.
- From Haneda International Airport, take Keikyu-line bound to Narita, and get off Keisei Yawata Sta. And also take Keikyu-line bound to Shinagawa, transfer the line at Shinagawa to Yokosuka-line bound to Chiba or Narita International Airport, transfer teh line at Ichikawa Sta to Sobu Local line bound to Tsudanuma, Chiba, get off JR Motoyawata Sta.
- From Both Motoyawata and Keisei Yawata Sta, take Keisei Bus bound to Higashi
Matsudo Sta, get off Soya bus stop.
- From Higashi Matsudo Sta, take Keisei Bus bound to Motoyawata Sta, get
off Soya bus stop.
- Take 4 minute walk from Soya bus stop.
- 2-7-5 Soya Ichikawa-shi Chiba-ken
There are hundreds of famous noted spots for seeing Cherry Blossoms in Japan. Of course, those spots in Kyoto, Hirosaki are great, but you could find them in between Narita Internationa Airport to Tokyo. Please check them in this page.
Kasuga Jinja in Soya Ichikawa
along Ebigawa River