Manyo Botanical Garden | Plants introduced with Tankas
Manyo Botanical Garden in the north area of Ichikawa City called Ono is
a unique Japanese garden because every plant in it is exhibited with tanka
poems from the Myriad of Leaves, so visitors could learn a lot about Japanese
literature with their five senses from them in this garden. There are a
small river wild ducks swimming, a pond, a small hut, a wisteria trellis,
a tunnel covered with bush clovers, stone lanterns and so on in the garden.
In spring, cherry blossoms bloom on the steps to the entrance of Manyo
Botanical Garden from Ichikawa Ono Station of JR Musashino Line. Visitors
could see many flowers such as wisterias, hydrangeas, irises, bush clovers,
cockscombs, cluster amaryllises and so on blooming in every season. And
there are a library and a reference room in the administration building
and the visitors could use them.
Manyo Botanical Garden is very unique that the visitors could fine what
Japanese people feel the nature. Why don't you visit it?
Sakura in Manyo Botanical Garden
The approach road to Manyo Botanical Garden is covered with cherry blossoms in spring, and there are a few wild cherry trees in the garden.
Flowers in Spring
Flowers in Summer
From early to late summer, many kinds of flowers bloom in the garden.
Fall in Manyo Botanical Garden
The autumn views in Manyo Botanical Garden are beautiful, yellow, orange,
red and green leaves paint the views in the garden.
Manyo Botanical Garden
- Manyo Botanical Garden has accessibilities from both Narita and Haneda
- From Narita International Airport, take JR Sobu-express line, transfer the line at Nishi-funabashi to Musashino Line bound to Fuchuhoncho or Higashi Tokorozawa, get off Ichikawa Ono Sta. And also take Hokuso Line, transfer the line at Higashimatsudo to Musashino Lline, get off Ichikawa Ono Sta. It takes minimally 50 minutes from Narita Airport.
- From Haneda International Airport, take Keikyu-line bound to Narita, transfer the line at Takasago Sta to Hokuso Line, and transfer the line at Higashi Matsudo Sta to Musashino Line, get off Ichikawa Ono Sta. It takes almost 1 hour from Haneda Airport.
- From Tokyo Sta, take Musashino Line bound to Fuchuhoncho or Higashi Tokorozawa, get off Ichikawa Ono Sta. It takes about 28 minutes from Tokyo Sta.
- From Akihabara Sta, take Sobu line bound to Chiba, Tsudanuma or Nishi Funabashi, Ttransfer the line at Nishi Funabashi to Musashino Line bound to Fuchu Honcho or Higashi Tokorozawa, get off Ichikawa Ono Sta.
- Take 5 minute walk from Ichikawa Ono Sta.
- 2-1857 Ono-cho, Ichikawa-shi, Chiba-ken
The Landmarks near Omachi Nature Observation Garden
Omachi and Ono have many pear gardens, pears are their special products.
It has the Rose Garden and the Village of Maple Trees.
It has a legend connecting to Masakado Taira and it dedicates him.
It was built by Norinobu Soya and has a legends of Masakado Taira and
Komagata Grand Shrine.
It was built by Masakado Taira, one of the mot famous samurai heroes in
It was famous for the statue of Chichinashi Nio and it belongs to Shichifukujin
The shrine of Gozu Tenno, the god giving children to faithful couples, is dedicated in it.
It dedicates Daikokuten, the god of wealth, belonging to Ichikawa Shichifukujin.
It is an old temple with 650 years history and it has Ono Tenmangu Shrine built by Masakado Taira.
Manyo Botanical Garden
Many Flowers written in the Myriad of Leaves are exhibited with tanka poems
Swans and some waterfowls go on the pond surrounded by cherry trees in spring.
Many attractive landmarks stand along it.
The sacred temple covered with holy cherry trees is famous for the legend of Seven Sutra Mound and Shichifukujin in Ichikawa.
The first nunnery of Nichiren Sect built by the Princess Tokiwai, the legend said ther daughter of the Emperor drifted to Ichikawa.