Seikaen a peaceful garden near Hokekyo-ji Temple
Passing through the Kuromon Gate
of and climbing up the approach to Nakayama Hokekyo-ji Temple
, you could find a small tiled-roofed gate, it is the gate of Seikaen,
a small silent space in the residential area in Nakayama. You could look
into the garden through the gate and pass through it, you could find a
peaceful place to rest and enjoy your time. Near the gate, there is a Japanese
style garden, and the behind the garden, its style is changed, it is like
an European style.
The land of Seikaen garden was donated by Hana Ishii in April 9th of 1992.
The Ishii's family had lived in Nakayama from Kyoho era (1716～36) in the
middle of Edo period
, and the family opened a shop named Seikado to sell stationaries and second
hand books, so they contributed to the development of Nakayama. In 2001,
Seikaen was opened as a cultural center. And also it is a branch office
of the City Hall of Ichikawa City.
Seikaen Garden in Nakayama
- Seikaen has a great accessibility from both Narita and Haneda International Airport.
- From Narita International Airport, take Keisei-line and get off Keisei-Nakayama Sta, take minimally 40 minutes from Narita Airport.. And also take JR Sobu-express line, transfer the line at Funabashi to Sobu-Local line, get off Shimousa-Nakayama Sta.
- From Haneda International Airport, take Keikyu-line bound to Narita, and get off Keisei-Nakayama Sta.
- From Tokyo Sta, take Sobu-Express line bound to Chiba or Narita, transfer the line to Sobu-Local line bound to Chiba, Tsudanuma, or Nishi-Funabashi at Ichikawa Sta, get off Shimousa-Nakayama Sta.
- From Akihabara Sta, take Sobu line bound to Chiba, get off Shimousa-Nakayama Sta.
- Take 1 minute walk from Keisei-Nakayama Sta, and take 5 minutes walk from Shimousa-Nakayama Sta.
- 4-14-1 Nakayama, Ichikawa-shi, Chiba-ken
The Landmarks Neighbor Of Seikaen Garden
Nichiren had preached first time at the Oku-no-in. Later, Jonin Toki built a temple named 'Hokke-ji'. There are several ume trees blooming beautiful ume blossoms in spring silently.
Onjuin Temple is famous for the temple to deliver the Nichiren Sect's traditional style of ascetic practices. Tokugawa, Maeda and many people faithfully has believed for ages.
it is a famous spot for viewing colored maple leaves and it is related
to the veneralbl Nisshin called Nabekamuri Nisshin.
This small gallary has wonderful works of the great painter Kaii Higashiyama, so he lived in Nakayama.
Fujiwara Kannondo Hall has the legend of the great swordsman Mushashi Miyamoto, sometimes it was his hideaway.
It preserves the seated statue of Nichiren and Yosobei Kajikawa's mementoes. It also has the side story of The Forty-Seven Ronins.
This shell mound designated as the National Historic Site and was formed from middle to late Jomon period.
The sacred temple covered with holy cherry trees is famous for the legend of Seven Sutra Mound and Shichifukujin in Ichikawa.
The first nunnery of Nichiren Sect built by the Princess Tokiwai, the legend said ther daughter of the Emperor drifted to Ichikawa.
A peaceful place to rest on the way to Nakayama Hokekyoji Temple is Seikaen. It has the branch office of the city hall.
It has the legend of the young samurai Hirotsugu Satomi.
The shrine related to the battles of Konodai in Sengoku Period.
They have their long history and the legend of Oguri Hangan.
A small shrine relates to the Founder Nichiren, Nichijo and the Prince Yamato Takeru.
They are related to the Founder Nichiren.
This shrine is the guardian deity of this town and Kafu Nagai, a famous
writer, had visited.
A well became famous as Kafu Nagai introduced in his essay.
Visitors could enjoy seeing cherry blossoms and cultural properties.
The Mama-gawa River is the very famous spot to enjoy seeing the blooming Cherry Blossoms.
Nikke Colton Plaza and some landmarks around are attractive and exciting to walk on.
It is very popular viewing sakura spot and thousands of people visit and enjoy seeing sakura.