Gyotokusan Fukusenj Temple is the 2nd Temple
In the south of Baraki Interchnge of Keiyo Highway, there is Gyotokusan
Fukusenji Temple, the 2nd temple of the 33 Pilgrimages in Gyotoku and Urayasu
, along a narrow crowded street. Though it has only a small hat in it,
it tells that Gyotoku area had spread here in Futamata and Funabashi City
, the area Gyotoku in Edo period had been the almost same as the area Tozai
Line running from Urayasu to Nishi-funabashi Station on. And also the land
Futamata appears on the book 'Nanso Satomi Hakkenden
(the Biography of Eight Dogs), so it was very popular in Edo Period.
Why don't you visit Gyotokusan Fukusenji Temple?
Gyotokusan Fukusenj Temple
Gyotokusan Fukusenj Temple
Gyotokusan Fukusenj Temple is said to be moved from Kongoin in Hongyotoku.
Edo Meisho Zue (a guide book describing Edo in Edo period) introduced Kongoin
Temple where a monk named Gyotoku who worked hard to develop local industry
and to enlighten had lived in early Edo period and the area name Gyotoku
was named after him, so Gyotokusan Fukusenji Temple has succeeded this
temple. About 100 years from Genroku to Kansei Era, Fukusenin Temple succeeded
it since the 33 Pilgrimages in Gyotoku and Urayasu organized in Genroku
Era (1688 - 1703) and Edo Meisho Zue that introduced as Kongoin Temple
had abandoned published in Kansei Era (1789 - 1801).
Moreover, Gyotokusan Fukusenji Temple is the 2nd temple of the 33 Pilgrimage in Gyotoku and Urayasu.
Gyotokusan Fukusenji Temple
- Gyotokusan Fukusenji Temple has great accessibilities from both Narita
and Haneda International Airport.
- From Narita International Airport, take JR Sobu-express line, transfer
the line at Funabashi to Sobu line bound to Nakano or Mitaka, get off Nishi-funabashi
Sta. And also take Keisei-line, transfer the line at Funabashi to Sobu-Local
line, get off Nishi-funabashi Sta. It takes minimally 40 minutes from Narita
- From Haneda International Airport, take Keikyu-line bound to Narita, and
get off Keisei Nishi-funabashi Sta. Or From Haneda International Airport,
take Keikyu-line bound to Narita, transfer the line at Nihonbashi to Tozai
line of Tokyo Metro bound to Nishi-funabashi, Tsudanuma or Katsutadai,
get off Nishi-funabashi Sta.
- Take 10 minute walk from Nishi-funabashi Sta.
- 2-7 Futamata, Ichikawa-shi, Chiba-ken
The Temples of the 33 Pilgrimage in Gyotoku & Urayasu
The list of the temples of the 33 Pilgrimages in Gyotoku and Urayasu
- 01 Tokuganji : 5-22 Hongyotoku Ichikawa-shi
- 02 Fukusenji :2-7 Futamata Ichikawa-shi
- 03 Choshoji : 8-5 Hongyotoku Ichikawa-shi
- 04 Jishoin : 1-10 Hongyotoku Ichikawa-shi
- 05 Daitokuji : 5-13 Shimonijuku Ichikawa-shi
- 06 Jorinji (abandoned) : around Kawara Ichikawa-shi
- 07 Shogenji : 3-6 Kawara Ichikawa-shi
- 08 Yofukuin : 5-16 Kawara Ichikawa-shi
- 09 Ryugonji (Sorinji) : 3-10-2 Tokagi Ichikawa-shi
- 10 Fukuoji (Sorinji) : 3-10-2 Tokagi Ichikawa-shi
- 11 Ryogokuji : 2-16-4 Koya Ichikawa-shi
- 12 Anyoji : 2-16-35 Koya Ichikawa-shi
- 13 Hosenji : 7-22 Hongyotoku Ichikawa-shi
- 14 Hozenji : 1-25 Honshio Ichikawa-shi
- 15 Jokanji : 23-24 Hongyotoku Ichikawa-shi
- 16 Shingyoji (Kyoshinji) : 38-18 Hongyotoku Ichikawa-shi
- 17 Kyozenji (Kyoshinji) : 38-18 Hongyotoku Ichikawa-shi
- 18 Hoshoji (abandoned) : now brought into 19 Tokuzoji
- 19 Tokuzoji : 8-10 Sekigashima Ichikawa-shi
- 20 Seiganji : 4-8 Oshikiri Ichikawa-shi
- 21 Korinji : 12-20 Oshikiri Ichikawa-shi
- 22 Hodenji : 7-1 Minato Ichikawa-shi
- 23 Enmyoin : 11-21 Minato Ichikawa-shi
- 24 Zenshoji : 18-20 Minato Ichikawa-shi
- 25 Genshinji : 1-16-26 Katori Ichikawa-shi
- 26 Ryozenji : 2-12-18 Ainokawa Ichikawa-shi
- 27 Shinseiji : 1-9-1 Arai Ichiakawa-shi
- 28 Enmeiji : 1-9-2 Arai Ichikawa-shi
- 29 Zenpukuji : 26-27 Todaijima Urayasu-shi
- 30 Kezoin : 3-10-3 Nekozane Urayasu-shi
- 31 Togakuji : 2-4-27 Horie Urayasu-shi
- 32 Hojoin : 4-14-1 Horie Urayasu-shi
- 33 Dairenji : 4-14-2 Horie Urayasu-shi
- extra Fujiwara Kannondo Hall 2-234 Fujiwara-cho Funabashi-shi
* The location of the sixth temple is unknown, and the 16th and 17th are
integrated, and the 18th is brought into the 19th temple.
* Please ask some specific information in each temple.