Genmyosan Hongyoin Temple in Nakayama
Genmyoin Hogyoin Temple stands on the west of the Ryuoike Pond
of Nakayama Hokekyoji Temple
. It is one of Nakayama Yoninge Temples that 4 temples had managed Hokekyoji. According to Shochuzan Hokekyojishi, a biography of Nakayama Hokekyoji, Hongyoin was built by Nichigyo in June 1376. Nichigyo was a disciple of the venerable Nissen, the fifth abbot of Hokekyoji. And there is the grave of the venerable Nichiju
on the southwest part of Hongyoin since he was the first disciple of the venerable Nisson, the fourth abbot of Hokekyoji. A hundred years ago, the site of Hongyoin was amazingly wonderful since there were many bonsai plants lined on the site. Now there are some skillfully trimmed ume trees along the approach of the temple and many white ume blossoms paint on the views of the temple in early spring. Beside the main building, there is a cherry trees that blooms in both spring and fall. Visitors could enjoy those flowers in it. Why don't you visit Genmyosan Hongyoin Temple?
The Veiws in Genmyosan Hongyoin Temple
Ume blossoms start blooming in February, visitors could enjoy them by early
Sakura Blossoms in Genmyosan Hongyoin
This cherry tree blooms in both spring and fall.
The venerable Nichiju was a priest belonging to Nichirenshu
in Nanbokucho Period
. He founded Myomanha (now Kenpon Hokkeshu). He was from Ishido Family in Aizu. He was also calle Genmyo Ajari. He first studied under Jihen at Mt. Hiei belonged to Tendaishu. He was converted to Nichirenshu at his age 66 since he read 'Kaimokusho' written by Nichiren. Then He changed his name 'Genmyo' to 'Nichiju' and studied under the venerable Nisson, the fourth abbot of Nakayama Hokekyoji, at Mamasan Guhoji
and Hokekyoji. Following his great grandfather Nikko (-1314), the second abbot of Hokekyoji, Nichiju went to Kyoto to propagate Nichirenshu. Later, he lived in seclusion at Aizu.
He built Myomanji in Kyoto and Myohoji in Aizu. He wrote 'Chikokusaku (the
plant to rule the country)'.
Genyosan Hongyoin Temple
- Genyosan Hongyoin Temple has a great accessibility from both Narita and
Haneda International Airport.
- From Narita International Airport, take Keisei-line and get off Keisei-Nakayama Sta, take minimally 40 minutes from Narita Airport.. And also take JR Sobu-express line, transfer the line at Funabashi to Sobu-Local line, get off Shimousa-Nakayama Sta.
- From Haneda International Airport, take Keikyu-line bound to Narita, and get off Keisei-Nakayama Sta.
- From Tokyo Sta, take Sobu-Express line bound to Chiba or Narita, transfer the line to Sobu-Local line bound to Chiba, Tsudanuma, or Nishi-Funabashi at Ichikawa Sta, get off Shimousa-Nakayama Sta.
- From Akihabara Sta, take Sobu line bound to Chiba, get off Shimousa-Nakayama Sta.
- Take 5 minute walk from Keisei-Nakayama Sta, and take 8 minutes walk from
- 2-7-18 Nakayama, Ichikawa-shi, Chiba-ken
Tacchue Temples belonging to Nakayama Hokekyoji
It stands on the place where the Founder Nichiren first preached.
It is very famous for an old plum donated by the Maeda Family.
It is the first tacchu belonging to Nakayama Hokekyoji.
It is a famous spot for seeing colored leaves in Nakayama.
Genyosan Hongyoin Temple
Skillfully trimmed plum trees in it are very beautiful in spring.
Gokokusan Ansein Temple
This temple is decoreted with flowers in every season.
It stands beside the Niomon of Hokekyoji with seasonal flowers.
It is a head temple with many cultural properties and flowers.