Shochuzan Jokoin Temple in Nakayama
Shochuzan Jokoin is an old temple standing behind Naki Icho
(the crying gingko tree). It is one of Nakayama Yoninge temples that had
managed Nakayama Hokekyoji
. Jokoin was built by Tanesada Chiba who was a samurai worrier lived from
to Nanbokucho period
and he was converted to Nichirenshu
by the venerable Nichiyu who was the third abbot of Nakayama Hokekyoji and was said to be an adopted son of Tanesada. He later became a priest and was named Nichiin. Now there are no records when Jokoin was built, but Hosenin
next to it was also built by Tanesada in 1313, then Jokoin might be built in the same period as it. As the buildings of Jokoin are covered with green woods, people could enjoy sitting in silent in this temple. Why don't you visit Shochuzan Jokoji Temple?
Shochuzan Jokoin Temple
- Shochuzan Jokoin Temple has a great accessibility from both Narita and
Haneda International Airport.
- From Narita International Airport, take Keisei-line and get off Keisei-Nakayama Sta, take minimally 40 minutes from Narita Airport.. And also take JR Sobu-express line, transfer the line at Funabashi to Sobu-Local line, get off Shimousa-Nakayama Sta.
- From Haneda International Airport, take Keikyu-line bound to Narita, and get off Keisei-Nakayama Sta.
- From Tokyo Sta, take Sobu-Express line bound to Chiba or Narita, transfer the line to Sobu-Local line bound to Chiba, Tsudanuma, or Nishi-Funabashi at Ichikawa Sta, get off Shimousa-Nakayama Sta.
- From Akihabara Sta, take Sobu line bound to Chiba, get off Shimousa-Nakayama Sta.
- Take 5 minute walk from Keisei-Nakayama Sta, and take 8 minutes walk from
- 3-10-4 Nakayama, Ichikawa-shi, Chiba-ken
Tacchue Temples belonging to Nakayama Hokekyoji
It stands on the place where the Founder Nichiren first preached.
It is very famous for an old plum donated by the Maeda Family.
It is the first tacchu belonging to Nakayama Hokekyoji.
It is a famous spot for seeing colored leaves in Nakayama.
Skillfully trimmed plum trees in it are very beautiful in spring.
Gokokusan Ansein Temple
This temple is decoreted with flowers in every season.
It stands beside the Niomon of Hokekyoji with seasonal flowers.
It is a head temple with many cultural properties and flowers.