Shochuzan Hosenin Temple in Nakayama
Shochuzan Hosenin Temple is one of the four oldest branch temples of Hokekyoji
called Nakayama Yoninke. Nichiin who was a sumurai worrier from Kamakura
to Muromachi period
named Tanesada Chiba, became a Buddhism priest and built this temple in 1313. It is on the way to Okunoin
from Hokekyoji Temple. The temple was beautifully decorated with white
and red crape myrtle blossoms in summer and yellow and red maple leaves
in fall so it was a famous spot for viewing colored leaves. Moreover, it
was a important temple since the venerable Niisshin
who was called Nabekaburi Nisshin (putting a pan on his head) worked hard
on his mission in Kyoto and Kyushu in Muromachi period and entered the
Buddhist priesthood in it. Why don't you visit Shochuzan Hosenin Temple?
The Views in Shochuzan Hosenin Temple
Some know Hosenin Temple is a noted spot for viewing beautiful colored
leaves. The approach road to the sanmon gate was colored like a yellow
and red curtain. And visitors could see the gojunoto in Hokekyoji Temple
with colored maple leaves and autumn views in Nakayama from it.
Summer in Shochuzan Hosenin Temple
In summer, Hosenin Temple is decorated by pink and white sarusuberi blossoms.
Shochuzan Hosenin Temple
- Hosenin Temple has a great accessibility from both Narita and Haneda International
- From Narita International Airport, take Keisei-line and get off Keisei-Nakayama Sta, take minimally 40 minutes from Narita Airport.. And also take JR Sobu-express line, transfer the line at Funabashi to Sobu-Local line, get off Shimousa-Nakayama Sta.
- From Haneda International Airport, take Keikyu-line bound to Narita, and get off Keisei-Nakayama Sta.
- From Tokyo Sta, take Sobu-Express line bound to Chiba or Narita, transfer the line to Sobu-Local line bound to Chiba, Tsudanuma, or Nishi-Funabashi at Ichikawa Sta, get off Shimousa-Nakayama Sta.
- From Akihabara Sta, take Sobu line bound to Chiba, get off Shimousa-Nakayama Sta.
- Take 5 minute walk from Keisei-Nakayama Sta, and take 8 minutes walk from
- 3-11-2 Nakayama, Ichikawa-shi, Chiba-ken
Tacchue Temples belonging to Nakayama Hokekyoji
It stands on the place where the Founder Nichiren first preached.
It is very famous for an old plum donated by the Maeda Family.
It is the first tacchu belonging to Nakayama Hokekyoji.
It is a famous spot for seeing colored leaves in Nakayama.
Skillfully trimmed plum trees in it are very beautiful in spring.
Gokokusan Ansein Temple
This temple is decoreted with flowers in every season.
It stands beside the Niomon of Hokekyoji with seasonal flowers.
It is a head temple with many cultural properties and flowers.