Ninjusan Chiseiin Temple by the Niomo of Hokekyoji
Ninjusan Chisenin is a temple standing on the left side of the niomon gate
of Nakayama Hokekyoji Temple
. It was built in November 1648 by Chisenin Nichiju who was one of the
disciples of Nichicho, the 25th abbot of Hokekyoji. In spring, ume, kawazu
sakura and cherry blossoms bloom, and some maple leaves change the color
in fall. Viewing from Chisenin, the niomon gate could be beautifully decorated
with flowers and colored leaves in it. People find its beautiful site when
they are passing through the gate. And it has two rainwater tanks with
the family crests of Tokugawa Shogun
under the main hall. Ninjusan Chisenin is a wonderful temple with flowers
and its history. Why don't you visit it?
The Views in Ninjusan Chisenin Temple
The Rainwater Tanks in Chisenin
There are two rainwater tanks on the both side under the main hall. And
the tanks have the family crests of Tokugawa Shogun.
Spring in Chisenin
Early spring, ume blossoms start blooming, then kawazu sakura gradually open the petals, finally cherry blossoms fully decorate the site.
Fall in Chisenin
The views of colored leaves in Chisenin are amazingly beautiful.
Ninjusan Chisenin Temple
- Ninjusan Chisenin Temple has a great accessibility from both Narita and
Haneda International Airport.
- From Narita International Airport, take Keisei-line and get off Keisei-Nakayama Sta, take minimally 40 minutes from Narita Airport.. And also take JR Sobu-express line, transfer the line at Funabashi to Sobu-Local line, get off Shimousa-Nakayama Sta.
- From Haneda International Airport, take Keikyu-line bound to Narita, and get off Keisei-Nakayama Sta.
- From Tokyo Sta, take Sobu-Express line bound to Chiba or Narita, transfer the line to Sobu-Local line bound to Chiba, Tsudanuma, or Nishi-Funabashi at Ichikawa Sta, get off Shimousa-Nakayama Sta.
- From Akihabara Sta, take Sobu line bound to Chiba, get off Shimousa-Nakayama Sta.
- Take 2 minute walk from Keisei-Nakayama Sta, and take 5 minutes walk from
- 2-3-6 Nakayama, Ichikawa-shi, Chiba-ken
Tacchue Temples belonging to Nakayama Hokekyoji
It stands on the place where the Founder Nichiren first preached.
It is very famous for an old plum donated by the Maeda Family.
It is the first tacchu belonging to Nakayama Hokekyoji.
It is a famous spot for seeing colored leaves in Nakayama.
Skillfully trimmed plum trees in it are very beautiful in spring.
Gokokusan Ansein Temple
This temple is decoreted with flowers in every season.
Ninjusan Chisenin Temple
It stands beside the Niomon of Hokekyoji with seasonal flowers.
It is a head temple with many cultural properties and flowers.