Koroku Jinja and Black Pine Trees standing in Shinden Area
Koroku Jinja Shrine in Shinden
Koroku Jinja in Shinden
is on the north side of the Route 14th or Chiba Kaido Highway
. There are many tall black pine trees behind the main hall of the shrine.
It seems like an entrance of the residential area in Shinden with many
large black pine trees standing in. It dedicates Omodaru no Mikoto and
Kashikone no Mikoto, they are a pair of gods and they are the first gods
who have faces and bodies like human beings. And the letters in the frame
hanged on the torii gate was written by the Earl Heihachiro Togo (1848
- 1934), the famous Admiral of the Japanese fleet. Moreover, Koroku Jinja
is appeared on the book 'Danchotei Nichijo', a diary of Kafu Nagai
, a famous writer living in Ichikawa
after WWII, he wrote it in the day of its annual festival held in October 19th of 1947. Kafu might often pass in front of the shrine when he went to Ichikawa Station from his house in Sugano. The views of the black pine trees in the residential area in Shinden has been changed little even if houses in the area only changed to modern designs. Visitors enjoy walking in Koroku Jinja and the residential area in Shinden. Why don't you visit them?
「新版 断腸亭日乗 第六巻」 岩波書店
Koroku Jinaja Shrine in Shinden
- Koroku Jinaja Shrine in Shinden has great accessibilities from both Narita and Haneda International Airport.
- From Narita International Airport, take Keisei-line and get off Keisei Yawata or Sugano Sta, take minimally 45 minutes from Narita Airport. And also take JR Sobu-express line, transfer the line at Funabashi to Sobu line bound to Nakano or Mitaka, get off at Ichikawa Sta.
- From Haneda International Airport, take Keikyu-line bound to Narita, and get off Sugano or Ichikawa Mama Sta.
- Take 2 minutes walks from Sugano Sta, take 12 minutes walk from Ichikawa Mama Sta or take 15 minutes walk from Ichikawa Sta.
- Koroku Jinja Shrine: 1-3-1 Shinden Ichikawa-shi Chiba-ken
Landmarks and Spots in Hirata and Shinden
It appears on Kafu Nagai's Diary and shows the ancient landscapes of Ichikawa
Koroku Jinja Shrine and Black Pine Trees preserved on the path in the residential
area in Shinden Ichikawa City.
Kafu Nagai described the shrine.
It tells the local history and belief of Shotoku Taishi in Hirata.
It has many cherry, black pine and Neagari no Matsu trees.