Tenso Jinja and Hoso Jinja Shrine in Nishi Komatsugawa
Tenso Jinja standing by Nakagawa River and on the north of Komatsugawa Sakaigawa Water Park
is the guardian deity of Nishi Komatsugawa. According to 'Shinpen Musashi
no kuni Fudokiko (the geographic guidebook about Musashi province
in Edo period
)', It is the guardian deity of Nishikomatsugawa Village, Akimoto Shikibu Yoshida Family manages it as a priest, there are Inari and Hoso Jinja in the site. This Tenso Jinja had been built before 1830 since the book was published. There is a large stone Torii gate standing over the approach road of the shrine going to the east, and it turns to the north, there is a main hall and a stone torii gate in front of the hall. Visitors could feel comfortable mind under the blue sky. Why don't you visit the Tenso Jinja in Nishi Komatsugawa?
There is a lined stepping stones behind the torii gate in front of the main hall of the Tenso Jinja Shrine, the approach road of stones reaches at Hoso Jinja. This Hoso Jinja also appeared at Shinpen Musashi no Kuni Fudokiko (the geographic guidebook of Musashi Province), so it might have been built before 1830. The guide paper on the shrine tells that it dedicates Hosogami or Hosojin (a god of variola or smallpox) who is an evil god whom variola influenced in Edo period had been personalized as the god, the shrine had been built to shut the power of the god into it, so there are some small shrines dedicating the god built in a Jinja Shrines dedicating the guardian deity of some villages or on sidewalk of the gate of the villages. The miracle power of the god is to cure or to prevent to get variola, pimples and skin disease, so visitors could pray for getting beautiful skins or faces.
Tenso Jinja and Hoso Jinja in Nishikomatsugawa
- Tenso Jinja and Hoso Jinja in Nishikomatsugawa has great accessibilities
from both Narita and Haneda International Airport.
- From Narita International Airport, take Sobu Express Line bound to Tokyo or Yokosuka and get off at Funabashi Sta, then transfer the line to Sobu line bound to Nakano or Mitaka ang get off at Motoyawata Sta. Or take Keisei-line bound to Ueno and get off Keisei Yawata Sta. Both from Motoyawata Sta and Keisei Yawata Sta, transfer the line to Toei Shinjuku line and get off at Funabori Sta.
- From Haneda International Airport, take Keikyu-line bound to Narita, and get off Shinagawa Sta and transfer the line to Sobu Express line bound to Narita International Airport or Chiba, and transfer the line at Ichikawa Sta to Sob line bound to Nishi Funabashi, Tsudanuma or Chiba and get off at Motoyawata Sta. Or take Keikyu-line bound to Narita, and get off Keisei Yawata Sta. Both from Motoyawata Sta and Keisei Yawata Sta, transfer the line to Toei Shinjuku line and get off at Funabori Sta.
- From Iwamotocho Station at Akihabara, take Toei Shijuku line bound to Motoyawata and get off Funabori Sta.
- Take 20 minute walk from Funabori Sta.
- 1-3 Nishi Komatsugawa, Edogawaku, Tokyo
The Noted Spots along Komatsugawa Sakaigawa Water park
This small river in the park runs center of the Edogwaku.
They are related to Dokan Ota and Yoshimune Tokugawa
This temple is one of the most beautiful spots for seeing colored leaves
Ukisu Sengen is one of the oldest shrine in Edogawaku.
Tenso Jinja and Hosojinja in Nishi Komatsugawa
The gardian deity and the god to cure variola, primples and so on.