Shishimizuka Jinja Shrine in Shishibone Edogawa
Shishimizuka Jinja Shrine
is a small shrine along Shishibone Water and Green Zone in Edogawaku
. The shrine is deeply related to the area name 'Shishibone', once upon
a time, villagers in this area carefully buried a god's deer having died
on the way to Kasuga Taisha Shrine in Nara from Kashima Jingu Shrine in
Hitachi (Ibaraki Prifecture) in a mound built here. 'Shishi' means deer,
'bone' means bone in English. The mound was introduced in Shinpen Musashi
Fudoki (a town guide book describing Musashi Province
published in Edo period
). Shishimizuka Jinja Shrine is a town asset telling the history of Shishibone.
Why don't you visit it?
The History of Shishimizuka Jinja Shrine
This area around Shishimizuka Mound has been known as the beginning of
Shishibone Town for a long time. According to the legendary story, a group
of families, Nagakatsu Ishii's, Makino's, Tajima's, Nakadai's and another
Ishii family had searched for a land to avoid battles at the war time period
called Sengoku Period and they settled in this area. One day, a deer who
had guided and helped Kashima Oogami (the grand of Kashima Jingu Shrine)
in Hitachi province (Ibaraki prefecture) was died in this area on their
way to Nara, and the villagers built a mound for the deer to bury.This
was Shisimizuka Mound.
In August 1967, the supporters of Shisimizuka Jinja Shrine built a stone
tablet that tells the beginning of Shishibone Town, Shiomizuka' on it.
The three steps stone base is 98 cm tall, the tablet is 81 cm tall, 52
cm wide and 13 cm deep.
This shrine was rebuilt in 1973.
Edogawaku Board of Education
Shishimizuka Jinja Shrine in Shishibone Edogawaku
- Shishimizuka Jinja Shrine in Shishibone has great accessibilities from both Narita and Haneda International Airport.
- From Narita International Airport, take Sobu Express Line bound to Tokyo or Yokosuka and get off at Funabashi Sta, then transfer the line to Sobu line bound to Nakano or Mitaka ang get off at Motoyawata Sta. Or take Keisei-line bound to Ueno and get off Keisei Yawata Sta. Both from Motoyawata Sta and Keisei Yawata Sta, transfer the line to Toei Shinjuku line and get off at Shinozaki Sta.
- From Haneda International Airport, take Keikyu-line bound to Narita, and get off Shinagawa Sta and transfer the line to Sobu Express line bound to Narita International Airport or Chiba, and transfer the line at Ichikawa Sta to Sob line bound to Nishi Funabashi, Tsudanuma or Chiba and get off at Motoyawata Sta. Or take Keikyu-line bound to Narita, and get off Keisei Yawata Sta. Both from Motoyawata Sta and Keisei Yawata Sta, transfer the line to Toei Shinjuku line and get off at Shinozaki Sta.
- From Akihabara Station, take Sobu line bound to Nishi Funabashi, Tsudanuma or Chiba and get off at Motoyawata Sta. From Motoyawata Sta, transfer the line to Toei Shinjuku Line and get off at Shinozaki Sta.
- Take 17 minute walk from Shinozaki Sta.
- Shishimizuka Jinja Shrine 1-1-3 Shishibone, Edogawaku, Tokyo
The Landmarks near Shishimizuka Jinja Shrine in Shishibone
It has some cute statues of Komainu and deer in it.
Shishimitsuka Jinja Shrine
This shrine is a town asset telling the history of Shishibone.
Honmeisan Mitsuzoin Myokoji Temple
Some records tell the history of Shishibone.
There had been a rest station for Tokugawa Yoshimune.
There are some peaceful green zones for rest.